Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nothing too important

morning ramblings
I just finished GOOD IN BED by Jennifer Weiner. Very funny novel. I have LITTLE EARTHQUAKES of hers to read, but I checked out 4 books at the church library thinking I was going to have a cast on... I think I can still read even though I don't have a cast.
the secret LIFE of Becky Miller
Renovating Becky Miller......both by Sharon Hinck
Once Upon A Gulf Coast Sunner....Susan Oliver
Patchwork Cirlce-Bachelor's Puzzle....Judith Pella
I bought about 5 books the other day at the Christaian book store and have misplaced Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Whelchel.....I am very bummed. I can find all the others, but not that one. I plan to read 10 books(novels)that are for pure enjoyment and 10 that are parenting/marriage/family books-not that I am failing in those areas, but I think you can always learn more.
We went swimming yesterday and the kids really want to go today- I need to check and see what the weather is going to be today.
I have a decision to make about going back to the preschool in the fall. I have an opportunitly to work for 10 hours a week making the same I make working 3 days a week-with a difference of only $5. Legitimate work, but I can't tell about it until I am sure. I wold not have to pay out the $150 for preschool that I will if I work at the preschool because my mom will take care of the girls for me. Which puts us ahead by $145 just to start and I could work more hours if needed. Daniel does not want me to go back to the preschool at all. He thinks this other job is better for us as a family as a whole. I miss being able to have play dates and just see my friends when I want. We will have to see.
I got a new chore chart and things that the kids have to do every day....they have a small bucket of shores that they pick one on Monday and one on Wed to do, if they have a consequence they can choose another one. They have to spend time with reading out of thier devotional each day, brush teeth, hair, put on deoderant, get dressed, pick up thier toys and books, put clothes away/in hamper, make bed....they have to when asked take out trash, load/unload dishwasher, spend time reading for 1 hour every day(all at the same time while Piper is napping), play with a sibling for 15 minutes, learn 1 verse per week. They also have to when asked-w/o coplaining taek out the trash, load/unload the dishwasher, pick up living room and Daily we will do a quick 15 minute pick up with crazy loud music before daddy gets home...just so he doesn't walk into a mess.
I started a summer journal-I am writing each days events and such. Just so later on the kids can look back and see it. I picked up a small $1 journal at Michaels with a gift card from a student and LOVE IT!
The kiddos are hungry, I am going to make pancakes for breakfast-we drank the rest of the milk for dinner. Ihave to get a grocery list ready so I can go to the store to pick a few things up. Logan will be 8 on Friday! I can't even believe it..

No comments: