Saturday, March 13, 2010

On the road again...

to recovery that is...
Mom is tube free and only has an IV when they have to give her meds thru it!
She is sitting up in a chair and feeling better.
Still very low on energy, but they said it will build each day and she will get stronger.
She is eating solids now and physical therapy is coming in and working her a wee bit.

Today my hubby took the kids out to Misty and Gene's and had chili and played as well as fed the baby calfs.
I hear Dawson even drove uncle Gene's truck around the yard! yikes...

We are going to have pizza tonight, we told the kids we would eat in the waiting room and that Izzy could come back and see Grammy since she is the only one old enough!

Sunday will be full of me trying to catch up on some laundry and get ready for my surgery!! I may get some grocery shopping done Sunday night and then Monday spend the day with mom up here....I know it has been hard on the family to shuffle the schedule around, but at the same time, I hope they are learning that as our parents get older, sometimes we have to change our plans. (I really want them to love me enough to take care of me when I am older).

I read a very inspiring story here....
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/stephanie-nielson-intro-120609.html
to mom yesterday. I made us both cry and smile and laugh and have hope.
if you have some time to read it, go do it!!!!
Off to look for something else to read.....

1 comment:

e said...

Stephanie is so inspiring isn't she?!?
I hope you don't have to wait too long for your hysterectomy...
I think once you know you're having surgery it would be hard to have to wait longer. :(
xe