Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So, let's see...where to start.
I guess that it would be good to go back to when we came down to MS for New Year's to celebrate Christmas...
We came down and we knew coming in that the family would talk to us about moving back down here-just like every time we would visit. This time, however, my heart was different in the discussions and I was open to listening to them. Debbie(my MIL) and Donnie(my FIL) had moved in with Grams(Debbie's mom)and they had a double wide trailer sitting with no one living in it, so we would not have rent or a house payment at all. Debbie said that God gave her a word in church on Sunday. She said that the kids needed a grandpa. I knew they were missing out on this, but never really thought about it much. Lots of little things were said and then one night when Daniel and I were out on the porch, I told him that I wold be obedient to whatever God told him to do-move or stay, I would obey them and submit to the decision. Daniel ended up getting sick just before leaving so we left so we stayed an extra day. We got home and Daniel stayed home another day from work. I went in to check and see how he was doing and he was on the computer loooking for jobs in the area. I asked him if he had looked at Cable One and he had not, so he went to it and there was an opening for a job. He sent in his resume and they guy in charge was excited and wanted him immediatley...however his boss was a little hesitant to give him a date he could be done. I started getting boxes and packing what I could. We got a date and reserved the truck for moving and the kids were all so excited. I packed as much as I could. My mom decided that she didn't want to move and she moved in with Misty-that was a hard, hard day. I know my sister was going to do a great job taking care of her, but I missed her so much.
The last day of school was so hard. I cried when I dropped the kids off at school. I was blessed with Staecy, Hal and Zach coming over to help me finish packing on Friday while I ran errands. When picking the kids up, I was in Piper's class and Angie came in telling me that I needed to get to Logan's class and she finished packing up Piper's items. I was not prepared for the tears being shed in Logan's class room. That is when it hit me that we were really moving away. I did my best and got all the kids loaded up and went to get Dawson. It was a crazy day to say the least.
We decided to not pack at all on Friday night like we had planned and to not leave until Monday after we wrapped some thngs up, so that gave us a little more time.
Daniel got off work and we were able to go and pick up the Penske truck up. We rushed home and got cleaned up and ready to go to the 'Farewell' party at FP North for us. We ran to the Bushnell's for dinner first, ate really fast then, got to our party. We were so blessed to see so many of our friends come out to see us before we left! I did really good and didn't cry. Daniel did have some tears when a dear friend prayed over him and the boys. that was a special moment.
Sat, we got up and started the day off with breakfast with Shawnda and Vince. We have been so blessed by the friendships we have in JoMo. We then went to the house and got the truck to go to our storage unit and loaded all of it into the truck-I didn't realize how much we had in there!!! So then we went to the house and met up with friends who were going to help us pack up the truck. We packed all of the big items up and started on boxes and I was freaking out more than a little bit! I knew it wasn't all going to fit and I wasn't sure what to do...then came the moment when we were eating pizza for lunch and they were telling me I needed to figure out what I really wanted of what was left so they could be sure to get all of that in! I ran out of the room and cried. Steven B. came in and was telling me it was just stuff. I knew that, but it was my stuff and I was moving far away and it was all just too much! We decided we needed a new bed anyway and put it in the dumpster as well as the kitchen table that was really too small for our family. We also put a few odds and ends pieces of furniture that was old and needed replacing out there. Shortly after, my MIL called and we were chatting and I asked her if she still had the king bed in her old room so we could use it and she told me someone had JUST picked it up...I about lost it! oh was JUST a bed, right?? they also took the kitchen table. ugh. we would survive. So we finished up most of the stuff and the only items were left in the living room. It seemed so strange to not have anything in what had been out home for 10 years! The girls had never known anything else. It was bitterweet. We left and went to church for the last time, then we went to dinner with our LifeGroup at DelRio's. it was so nice! Then we went and stayed with Stacey and Hal for the night. We had lunch plans with my little sister/Gene and my mom, so we went out there and just hung out. it was a good day. Daniel and I went back over Sunday night to finish-we got it all out and as I was vaccumming, I was praying for the family that would live there next. That they would have as many happy memories as we had, that they would know love in those get the idea. Then i went next door to talk to Ms Claudine and tell her goodbye and found out she and her daughter were moving in there!!! I was so tickeled that I knew who I had prayed for!!! We went back to Stacey and Hal's place and tried to get some sleep.
Monday came and there were major winter storms blowing in. We had some thngs to get done in the am and planned on leaving about 12 or 1. We were able to roll out at about 1PM. We knew we would have to stop-we had no idea where yet, just that we hoped to make it to Memphis. As we left town, it was SOOOOOO very foggy. it stayed that way past Fayettville and into Little Rock, we had rain :O( it was not fun to drive in. One boy rode with Daniel and one with me to help with the girls needs...then my windshield wipers went crazy and wouldn't go down!!! we stopped for gas and potty and then for dinner. We made it to Grenada-I could not go any further!!! It was raining so much and my eyes were getting tired. We pulled into Motel 6 and they only had 2 rooms with 2 double beds, so we had to each have 2 kids-i took the girls and he took the boys. It rained all night and long into the next day! We went to some little place called Huddle House for breakfast and I about died when the waitress asked Piper if she wanted grits and she asked what grits were!!!! babababahahahah
We continued on our trip-in the rain...ugh, I was so very sick of the rain. We got past Jackson and it got really bad-so bad that we pulled over for a bit to let it ease up.
We got into town late Tuesday afternoon. We didn't do anything but sit until Wed am, when we had to unload the truck because we had to return it. We got it done and got the truck returned. We did NOTHING on Thursday as we were just so beat.
By this time, Joplin had over 20 inches of snow and we were so happy we were not there. We didn't go until Friday to enroll the kids in school-figured no biggie, they would not have been in school anyway if we had not been moving. Well, that was it's own mess. I had called to get info and find out what school the kids would be attending. I also asked if they would need a Form 121(a special MS shot record when shots have been given in other states)Nope they told me, just bring the shot record with you and 2 forms of ID with your MS address, so we had to type up a letter saying Daniel's parents own the home and get our drivers license changed over, not a biggie, right...not so fast. after getting the letter typed up and NOTARIZED, it doesn't have an end date as to when we will be living in the home-well, because this is now our HOME, why would we put an end date???. SO 2 trips to the bank for notery, 2 trips to DMV for our licenses, now on to school, where, guess what, they have to have the forms and you have to go to the health dept for that. So, we head to the health dept and sign in, only to find that the boys need shots. So, I have to return on Monday, it is too late to get back with the kids-who were not yet with us at this point! go back on Monday, Dawson has to have a shot, but they don't want to do Logan's because, well, we don't have a full shot record to show what he has had, I have to get a copy from the school-UGH!!! but, they give him a 30 day pass and sign a letter saying I will get it.
Go back to the school and get the girls signed up and tlhen we went home and ate, then went back to the boys school-they have one for K-2nd(Lower Elem.) and one for 3rd-6th(Upper Elem.)...we get there and they tell us that we are actually supposed to go to West Side-not South Side but that 1st and 5th are full and we have a choice-all at this school or 2 at each school. um, we have been through enough changes this week, we will stick with one school!!! Got them all enrolled to start on Tuesday.

SO, for now, that is the start.....

No comments: