Saturday, May 10, 2008

Glad I didn't go!

I was going to go out of town with my girlfriends on a little getaway, but Logan decided that he didn't want me to miss his 2nd game, so I stayed home. I am so very thankful that I did because Logan had a IN THE PARK HOMERUN!!!!! I was so excited and if I had been gone, I would have been so very sick to have missed it. God knew that I needed to be here.

On a very sad note, there have been at least 17 deaths due to tornados in the area.
We are ok. The deaths are in at least 3 states. Lots of damage/lost homes. Please pray for those people affected.

I am so thankful that I serve a God who has plans for me. While watching a video tonight at church, I was thinking back to almost 11 years ago when a doctor told me I would never be able to have children. I was not a Christian at the time. I became pregnant a few months later. I have had 6 pregnancies and have 4 healthy children. God had a plan for me even when I had no idea who He was and didn't care. I would be nothing with out Him and would not have my amazing husband and children. The point is the video was very moving.

My family is coming over for a BBQ Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day and I have nothing for my mom. Well, I do have pictures. I have to go to the store to pick up ground beef and the fixings for lunch. I hope my nephew and my niece both get to come with thier parents. My nephew lives with his father and my niece lives in a home for troubled teens. She is almost done with the program and will be going home soon.

Well, it is late and I am getting tired, so I will end this very random post for now. I have to fold some wash I did today before bed. Fun times.

I hope all the mothers out there have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Five Little Peas said...

Woohoo Congrats Logan!!!! What an awesome little man.

Happy Mother's Day girl...enjoy your day!!

Love,
Michelle